Other Ways to Get Help
Inner City Law Center serves clients with legal issues related to housing and homelessness.
We recommend that you contact the following for assistance with other legal issues:
Immigration (Citizenship, Asylum, Family Petitions)
- CARECEN. A nonprofit providing low-cost immigration legal services.
- El Rescate. A nonprofit providing legal representation to those who cannot afford it, including legal services related to immigration status and asylum.
- Valdez Law Firm. A private immigration law firm.
- Hill Piibe & Villegas. A private immigration law firm.
Family Law (Divorce, Custody)
- LA Center for Law and Justice. A nonprofit providing holistic, trauma-informed legal services to survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault in family law, immigration, and more.
- Levitt & Quinn Family Law Center. A nonprofit providing free and sliding scale legal services in various areas of family and adoption law.
- Legal Aid Foundation Los Angeles. A nonprofit providing legal services to help domestic violence survivors leave abusive relationships.
- Harriett Buhai Center for Family Law. A nonprofit supporting victims of domestic violence with family law assistance and legal education.
- Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles. Free employment legal services for low-income people to ensure workers receive a fair wage, work in a respectful environment, and receive the benefits they are entitled to. Must be a U.S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident.
- The Wage Justice Center. Provides legal representation to low-income workers facing wage theft.
- Bet Tzedek. Employment Rights Project (Telephonic) Clinic. Every Wednesday.
Emergency Rental/Utility Assistance and Bus Tokens
If you need emergency rental assistance, help paying for your utilities, or bus tokens, contact:
- Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angeles Charities Program. Outreach and assistance for low-income and homeless individuals. The intake line is (213) 680-5225. In addition to rental and utility bill assistance, they also provide bus tokens.
- The Center at Blessed Sacrament. A nonprofit working to end isolation and homelessness by hosting community group activities. Also a part of Los Angeles County’s Coordinated Entry System to get people into housing.
General Legal Resources and Social Services
- LawHelpCA. A nonprofit run website with free legal information to connect you with legal aid organizations and referral services for the areas in which you need help.
- SmartLaw. Free public service that connects members of the public with a qualified private attorney who can meet their needs. Though the referral is free, the attorneys charge fees for services.
- 211 LA. A free resource for those seeking health, human and social services in Los Angeles County. Use 24-hour 2-1-1 call line or their website and chat for assistance and referrals.
- Los Angeles Superior Court’s Self-Help Resource Centers Guide. Click here for information and walk-in hours for legal assistance throughout Los Angeles County.